Agricultural, Business and Insurance Clients Enjoy Golfing and Luncheon
As a local bank, we are very respectful of the community in which we operate. Our customers and members of the local community are the reason we exist. In the day to day frenzy of business and operational tasks, however, we do not always have the chance to show our appreciation. Community events like the Astra Bank Annual Golf Tournament are a great opportunity to show we care. We do this event in association with our affiliate, Nuss/Ackerman Insurance Agency. Dedicated to our agricultural, business and insurance customers, the golf event not only provides a great outing but also gives us all the opportunity to interact with others and build connections outside our work environment.
Like the previous times, this year’s community golf tournament at Fox Hollow Golf Course, Sutton, NE on June 13, 2012 had a great turnout. Roughly 30 people participated in the friendly golf tournament with about 100 attending the luncheon.
The 9-hole team scramble event was held in the morning followed by a scrumptious luncheon where clients could sit back and relax for a couple of hours. Flag prizes for the golfers and door prize drawings for lunch attendees filled the day with excitement and a competitive spirit. We also organized a putting contest where our golfers could win balls, cash or a new golf bag.
Our staff planned and executed the entire event, including run the golf outing (with the help of Tom from Fox Hollow) cooking the burgers and serving the food. Fresh salads and delicious desserts from local caterers delighted our guests.
Merlyn Haight, VP/Location Manager of the Fox Hollow Golf Course in Sutton, NE says, “Astra Bank is our community bank too. We enjoy hosting their annual golf tournament here. Many of the attendees are also our patrons from the local community. When it comes to pampering their guests at this event, Astra Bank pulls out all the stops, so it is always a fun and cherished event.”
Astra Bank values each and every one of our clients. Contact us today and see for yourself just how you can become one of our valued customers.
Even as banks promote e-Statements and the convenience of Internet transactions, concern about online security has some customers still holding off from e-Banking. Protecting your information and transactions is high priority for most financial institutions and they have implemented advanced security measures to reduce the risk of fraudulent activities. However, as a customer you have an equal role to play in ensuring safe banking.
Let’s take a look at some important but simple ways to prevent your online bank account from being compromised.
- Identify theft—Don’t give out your personal information: Identity thieves are looking for personal information to access your accounts or create new ones in your name. Make sure you never log into your account from a public computer, as it might have malware (a “virus” like program that can track your activity) to gather this information. Only surf and download information from well-known and trusted websites. And don’t click on any links or believe emails that suggest there is a problem with your accounts. Your bank will always notify you by phone.
- Password protection—Never share it with anyone: Don’t share your online banking password or pin number with anyone. Especially online. Your bank will never ask you to provide this information via email or through a link. When selecting a password, it’s best to choose an alpha-numeric combination more than six characters long. Also avoid using birthdays, family names, street name, etc. as they are easy for others to guess. If you can, also include a special character like #@$%^& for even greater complexity.
- Password reset process—Change it to deter ‘phishing’: Resetting your password (experts suggest once every quarter) deters hackers and Internet prowlers from gaining easy access. One thing is for sure, if you have accessed your account at a public computer, e.g. library or Internet café it is imperative that you change your password to keep the “bad guys” away.
- Personal verification question—Keep it unique: Often times you will be asked to answer the personal verification when resetting your password (or because you forgot it). Your question should be unique (think of information that no one else knows) and not shared with anyone. Mother’s maiden name is no longer enough, especially if your mom is on Facebook and has this as part of her personal profile!
- Logging off securely—Prevent easy access: Always remember to log off once you have completed your transaction or finished looking at your account information. You can go one step further by closing your browser. This will prevent anyone who uses your computer from looking at your information.
Astra Bank offers easy and convenient e-Banking services with advanced online security. Set up an online bank account today.
- Why Work at Astra Bank? Because we care about people... on both sides of the counter
- Commitment to Customer Service, Some things wil lnever change at Astra Bank
- Community Banking with a Difference. Reaching Out: One Branch, One City, One Community at a Time...
- "Change is the Only Constant" Evolving Product & Services to Suit the Changeing Environment
- Tought Times Don't Last... Tough People Do!
- From Typewriters to Mobile Banking, Technology Has Changed…Customer Service Only Gets Better!
- Winning Trust with Customers, Sometimes it Means Taking a Chance!
- 100 Years and Counting… Customer Service is a Tradition at Astra Bank
- Excerpts from a Chat with Richard Campbell, Chairman, Astra Bank
- Join Us For Our Christmas Open Houses This Holiday Season!